Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It happened again tonight... We live in a flat. Our windows are always closed, it's winter, and even if we open them, we have fixed fine grids that cover the entire half of the window that's open, to protect the cat.

Yet every two weeks, we find a bat at home. We usually find him in my parents' bedroom. Once we found it near my one of my cat's food plates, in the other bathroom, probably after food.

We're puzzled as to how they enter. Since we live in a flat and have windows closed, or open with grids (that we never remove), it's easy to keep that under control. We don't have anything like false ceilings, floors, or anything. You can easily say nothing from the outside larger than a bug may ever enter. The only way a bat could enter is when we use the balcony, but that doesn't happen in winter. My mother goes to the balcony every day to water the plants, but to do it she keeps the door of the living room closed and the cat ouside it, so he may not pass. A bat could have entered while she was watering the plants, stayed in the living room, remain unseen, then after my mother is done, closes the balcony, and opens the other door, he'd be free inside the house. Yet most bats appear in my parents' bedroom which you have to go U? to access, and the way doors are placed, and the fact that they end half a meter below the ceiling, it'd be very difficult for them to do that.

Perhaps this has something to do with the strange odor only my father seems to feel for a few seconds every few days in his bedroom, and why does my cat spend half an hour looking at a wall in his bedroom every few days. I think the bats may be entering through a gap in the air conditioner system. We don't know how's the wall on the other side, maybe there's some sort of hollow and they've nested there, and every now and then, the smaller one slip behind the internal unit upwards, then forwards towards the room in the gap between the unit and the ceiling. I'll have to check it tomorrow.

<font color="#345E81" size="1">[ June 22, 2005 10:07 AM: Message edited by: -Wiseman- ]</font>

Senior Hostboard Member Dreamer7000's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yikes, bats! After I watched that movie "Fangs" where those bloodsucking bats killed ppl *shivers* I hate them. Good luck on finding out where they come from.
    Sometimes, there are bats also near our apartmant, real rarely, but my bro saw them a lot before.

Senior Hostboard Member Hell Knight's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Your father is the batman, Wise? lol jk

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

we have bats in our attic....its funny....ever now and then, i wake up to the sound of my mom running around in her room screaming at the bats, trying to get them back into the attic (they come in through the ventilation)...hehehe....its worth being woken up at 3 am to see your mom standing on her bed, thrashing about wildly with a broom at a bat...

just random....but i personally am for a thread about squirrels and penguins...

<font color="#345E81" size="1">[ January 27, 2005 08:33 PM: Message edited by: YourKing ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

IRT Dreamer: bloodsucking bats killed ppl *shivers* I hate them

Only vampire bats eat blood, and not nearly enough to even make you feel weak as you do when you donate. Bats are little mice with wings, nothing scary, they can't even see you so if you needed to fool them or hide you could easily do it.

IRT YK: This thread was sort of an experiment to see if a more bloggish thread would work.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well if there's about a hundred of them, and when hungry, they suck out ALL your blood and you end up as a flat wounded piece of empty flesh.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You'd need more like a thousand

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well damn horror movies makes you believe stuff.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

-.-

No comment on that... ugh.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

hah! xel's a pansy....scared of bats....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast